The COVID-19 pandemic and the ensuing remain-at-household orders threw the U.S. financial system into a tailspin late in the very first quarter. It wreaked havoc on homes and corporations, putting an abrupt end to document-small unemployment and a lot more than 5 straight several years of quarterly GDP progress. Just take our quiz to see how considerably you recall about the very first months of the outbreak.
1. What share of fantastic U.S. household financial loans ended up in forbearance (the customer was not making payments) as of late Might?
2. Own saving as a share of disposable revenue strike 33% in April, following climbing to 9.6% in the very first quarter. Considering the fact that 1947, the quarterly rate exceeded 15% only 1 time. In what 12 months was that?
three. Which publicly held organization did not report a profit in the very first quarter of 2020?
B. Slack Systems
C. Tyson Foodstuff
4. Which organization has filed for bankruptcy since the outbreak of the COVID-19 pandemic?
C. Diamond Offshore
D. Hertz Worldwide Holdings
E. All of the previously mentioned
5. As of June eight, what was the most bank loan size obtainable under the Fed’s Key Street Lending plan?
A. $three hundred million
B. $50 million
C. $100 million
D. $500 million
6. By how considerably did world-wide merger and acquisition action decrease in the very first quarter of 2020?
C. twenty%-twenty five%
D. Additional than twenty five%
seven. On which date did the Earth Wellbeing Organization declare the coronavirus a pandemic?
A. March 11
B. February 26
C. January thirty
D. March 29
eight. Which U.S. leader explained back in Might, “In the extended-run and even in the medium-run, you wouldn’t want to wager in opposition to the American financial system.”
A. President Donald Trump
B. Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin
C. Republican Senator Rand Paul
D. Federal Reserve Chair Jerome Powell
Responses: 1-B 2-C three-B 4-E 5-A6-D seven-A eight-D
Resources: Mortgage Bankers Association, Federal Reserve, CFO.com, Refinitiv