There are over 5 million mobile apps in the world from which over 7 billion smart mobile phone users can choose. This creates a wide pool of alternatives that users can choose from, therefore, enterprises and companies must figure out ways to draw users to their mobile apps and retain existing users. While the success of a mobile app is largely dependent on its development, user interface, and user experience, these qualities cannot be measured if the app lacks users. If you are interested in Digital Marketing Course in Noida visit here.
The method through which companies and businesses attract and retain users to their apps is referred to as mobile app marketing. Apps that appear on the first page of a search in a particular category are optimized through the use of mobile app marketing. In this article, we will discuss what mobile marketing is and how it can be used to make an app successful.
What is Mobile App Marketing?
Mobile app marketing consists of the processes involved in converting people, who were originally ignorant of an app, to loyal and regular users. Before marketing a mobile app, you need to define its target audience, strategize on methods through which you can meet members of the target audience, and communicate with them. Mobile app marketing has several strategies through which enterprises interact with the users of their mobile apps. Companies and businesses can engage users through push notifications, in-app messages, text messages, mobile emails, etc.
Mobile app marketing campaigns make use of data that are collected through user engagements to cater to the needs of every individual app user. The end goal of mobile app marketing is to make your app discoverable to potential users, increase downloads and installation, and engage users to retain them.
Why is Mobile App Marketing Important?
The following are the benefits of mobile app marketing:
- Brand Awareness. Mobile app marketing helps to make the target audience aware of the presence of a mobile app.
- Mobile app marketing helps brands provide lifetime value that helps them retain their app users
- Through mobile app marketing, brands can personalize their users’ experience through dynamic content.
- Mobile app marketing helps brands and app teams to track user activity.
- Brands can gather important feedback that will help them to improve their app and run effective referral campaigns.
Stages of Mobile App Marketing
There are different stages involved in mobile app marketing. These include
- Awareness Stage
- Activation Stage
- Retention Stage
This is the first stage of mobile app marketing and it is also known as the pre-launch stage. The acquisition stage starts before the app is even released on the public market. This stage focuses on building brand awareness and ensuring the product becomes visible to potential users. Before commencing the awareness stage, you must have determined your target audience and channels through which you can communicate with them. The following are steps to take during the awareness stage:
- Determine a release date: To avoid setbacks, you should plan your app launch in advance. This can also be used to create awareness and attract a lot of new users to your product.
- Market research: You have to conduct proper market research to understand your users. Before you hire full stack developers from Jaydevs or other platforms to build your app, you should conduct market research to ensure that your app meets the needs of your users.
- Analyze your competition: Since there are more than 5 million apps in the world, your app will have hundreds of competitors. Compare your competitors and determine your unique selling point (USP).
- Determine your channels of distribution: You have to determine the channels through which your new product is going to reach potential users.
- Promote your new product online: Promote your product on social media and websites to create awareness.
The next stage of a mobile app marketing campaign, after making potential users aware of your new product, is to acquire users. At this stage, users will download and install your app, and set up a new account. Steps involved in the acquisition stage include:
- Paid Ads: After creating awareness for your new product, you can place ads that require people to take action on social media and other platforms.
- App Store Optimization: After you have released your app on platforms such as the Apple App Store and the Google Play Store, you should optimize your app to rank higher in search results. Optimizing your app to rank high in a keyword search on an app store will increase its visibility to potential users and ultimately increase the number of downloads your app gets.
This is the last stage of a mobile app marketing campaign. This stage involves the proposition of value to your acquired users to ensure that they continue to use your app as lifelong users. Steps involved in the retention stage include:
- In-app messages: These are essential app notifications that do not require the user to take immediate action, however, it increases your user retention rate.
- User personalization: The data collected from your users can be used to provide a personalized experience that will retain them.
- Push notifications: Push notifications encourage user engagement and ultimately increase user retention.
When adhered to, these strategies can help to make a mobile app marketing campaign successful.