Paris, December ten, 2020
Atos right now announced that it has been recommended for its actions to tackle world-wide warming by world-wide non-income corporation CDP, a single of the funding associates of the Science Primarily based Targets initiative, which drives corporations and governments to lessen their greenhouse gasoline emissions. Atos has obtained a spot on CDP’s prestigious ‘A List’ for local weather transform for the seventh time, based mostly on the Group’s local weather reporting in 2020. Atos is among the top rated 5% of 5,800+ corporations scored globally, representing fifty percent of the world-wide sector capitalization.
Atos was acknowledged for its actions to mitigate local weather possibility and to accelerate the changeover to a decarbonized overall economy, targeted on decreasing the carbon footprint of its organization activities and embarking its ecosystem of customers, associates and suppliers on this journey.
“The 5th anniversary of the Paris Local weather Agreement, using spot this week, reminds us of the urgency of using motion to prevent world-wide warming outside of the one.5°C focus on. Atos fully commited to web-zero carbon emissions by 2035 and we are on keep track of,” claimed Philippe Mareine, Main Digital & Transformation Officer, Head of CSR at Atos. “CDP’s recognition and our rank in the ‘A-list’ replicate our impactful actions to lessen our environmental footprint and have interaction our ecosystem in a virtuous circle of decarbonization,” he additional.
As leader in safe and decarbonized digital, Atos strengthened its environmental tactic in 2020 by committing to minimize by fifty percent its world-wide carbon emissions (scopes one,two and three in totality) in the up coming ten a long time and accomplish web-zero carbon emissions by 2035, a date which is 15 years ahead of the ambitious intention of the UN Paris Agreement on Climate Alter to restrict the global warming of the planet to one.5°C when compared to pre-industrial concentrations (web-zero by 2050). Some of Atos’ considerable achievements contain:
- Decreasing its operational carbon intensity (tons CO2 / M€ ER[one]) down to 21 tCO2 / M€ ER (2019) and consequently achieving the initially milestone of the SBTi twooC ten a long time in progress
- Achieving carbon neutrality for the emissions below its management since 2018
- Decreasing the strength consumption of our datacenters by 27% since 2015
- Obtaining the ISO 14001 certification in 89% of our principal web pages (workplaces and facts centers)
- Introducing in 2020 an inside carbon pricing (80 € / tons CO2) to travel organization conclusions to decarbonization
- Introducing binding contractual Decarbonization Level Agreements (DLAs) for its clients
- Major the European supercomputing sector by acquiring the most ability productive product or service line of supercomputers in the entire world, BullSequana X. What’s more, Atos developed the #one strength-productive equipment in the Top 100 premier supercomputers in the entire world, owned by the Jülich Supercomputing Centre in Germany
- Partaking its suppliers and associates by way of ambitious decarbonization progress strategies to halve its Scope three emissions by 50% by 2030 (2019 foundation line)
- Reinforcing its decarbonization abilities by way of EcoAct acquisition and specialized startups (Tier One, Greenspector, Prepare A) in its Scaler software.
Atos was amongst the signatories of the “Business Ambition for one.5°C” pledge, released in mid-2015 in the run-up to the Paris Local weather Alter Convention. Atos has, among other rankings, topped the DJSI index in its field since 2018 and was awarded “Platinum” by EcoVadis in 2020.
Down load the launch in pdf
A detailed and independent methodology is made use of by CDP to assess these corporations, allocating a score of A to D based mostly on the comprehensiveness of disclosure, recognition and administration of environmental pitfalls and demonstration of best methods connected with environmental management, such as placing ambitious and meaningful targets. People that don’t disclose or offered insufficient info are marked with an F.
The entire list of corporations that manufactured this year’s CDP A Checklist is accessible right here, along with other publicly accessible corporation scores: https://www.cdp.web/en/corporations/corporations-scores
Atos is a world-wide leader in digital transformation with 110,000 staff members in seventy three countries and once-a-year revenue of € 12 billion. European number a single in Cloud, Cybersecurity and Significant-Performance Computing, the Team presents stop-to-stop Orchestrated Hybrid Cloud, Significant Info, Company Applications and Digital Office remedies. The Team is the Globally Info Technology Partner for the Olympic & Paralympic Video games and operates below the brand names Atos, Atos|Syntel, and Unify. Atos is a SE (Societas Europaea), detailed on the CAC40 Paris stock index.
The purpose of Atos is to assist design the upcoming of the info area. Its abilities and providers guidance the growth of expertise, training and research in a multicultural solution and contribute to the growth of scientific and technological excellence. Across the entire world, the Team enables its clients and staff members, and associates of societies at huge to are living, perform and acquire sustainably, in a harmless and safe info area.
Press get in touch with: Marion Delmas | [email protected] | +33 six 37 63 91 ninety nine
[one] Exterior revenue