Paris, France – 21 January 2021
Atos welcomes the French government’s initiative and is very pleased to take part in the development of the countrywide strategy on quantum technologies, announced now by President Emmanuel Macron.
With exclusive abilities in Europe and ground breaking technologies this sort of as the Atos Quantum Studying Machine (Atos QLM), the world’s most powerful quantum simulator, Atos is previously doing the job closely with countrywide players this sort of as GENCI (Grand Equipement Nationwide de Calcul) and the CEA (Commissariat à l’Energie Atomique), as perfectly as the start-up Pasqal. The countrywide quantum strategy now gives Atos the prospect to speed up its Atos Quantum program and strengthen its contribution to the French quantum ecosystem, with a view to presenting its consumers the first rewards of quantum computing in the NISQ (Noisy Intermediate-Scale Quantum) period as soon as doable.
“The program announced now for the development of quantum technologies is quite amazing and we are incredibly honored to have been linked with this announcement. Quantum computing guarantees sizeable progress in strategic parts for our culture, this sort of as health, chemistry, finance and the fight against worldwide warming and decarbonization. Faced with these key socio-financial challenges, it is critical to set up public-non-public partnerships and foster cooperation amongst governments, tutorial scientists, customers and non-public providers. France’s countrywide strategy is equal to the revolution to arrive and we are very pleased to be amongst the players who will take part in making it a actuality,” reported Elie Girard, Atos CEO.
Atos’ contribution to the countrywide quantum strategy will focus on 4 parts:
- The development of NISQ simulators and accelerators integrated into hybrid substantial-functionality computing platforms: capitalizing on the Atos QLM and its abilities in substantial-functionality computing, Atos has set the aim of offering a quantum accelerator linked to a supercomputer as early as 2023. On the other hand, innovation in quantum computing is not only about hardware but also about software. This is the direction Atos is having with the Atos QLM quantum simulation and software development system.
- Submit-quantum cryptography: Atos is previously doing the job on integrating put up-quantum algorithms into its cybersecurity products. Its get the job done in this location will even further speed up the developments required to prepare the hardware implementations of long term put up-quantum standards.
- Global cooperation: Atos has produced doing the job in cooperation with long term industrial customers a precedence of its Atos Quantum program. The Group is concerned in various tutorial tasks, notably with the Institut d’Optique and INRIA. In parallel, its abilities and the Atos QLM contribute to various European applications, such as the NEASQC (Subsequent Apps of Quantum Computing) job. As aspect of the countrywide quantum strategy, Atos intends to leverage the expertise gained by means of these various tasks to foster interactions amongst lecturers, technological know-how suppliers and customers.
- Benchmarking: the rapid and constant emergence of new technologies and methods to quantum programming is critical for the development of the sector, but also a source of complexity for companies wishing to invest. In 2020, Atos made Q-rating, the first trustworthy, goal and good common metric to simplify the partnership amongst technological know-how customers and suppliers.
Atos founded a Scientific Council focused to Quantum. Users are:
- Alain Component, Professor at the Institut d’Optique Graduate School and Ecole Polytechnique, Université Paris-Saclay
- David DiVincenzo, Professor at the Alexander von Humboldt College and Director at the Institute for Theoretical Nanoelectronics at the Juelich Analysis Center
- Artur Ekert, Professor of Quantum Physics at the Mathematical Institute at the College of Oxford and Founding Director of the Centre for Quantum Systems (CQT) at the Nationwide College of Singapore
- Daniel Esteve, Analysis Director, CEA Saclay, Head of Quantronics
- Serge Haroche, Professor Emeritus at the Collège de France, Nobel Prize in Physics.
In the foreground, from remaining to appropriate: Emmanuel Macron and Elie Girard
In the back again, from remaining to appropriate: Cédric O, Bruno Le Maire, Amélie de Montchalin andFrédérique Vidal
To understand a lot more about Atos’ activities in the subject of quantum computing, simply click in this article.
Download the launch in pdf
Atos is a worldwide chief in electronic transformation with 110,000 workforce and once-a-year profits of € twelve billion. European amount one particular in cybersecurity, cloud and substantial functionality computing, the group offers tailored conclude-to-conclude methods for all industries in 73 nations around the world. A pioneer in decarbonization solutions and goods, Atos is dedicated to a protected and decarbonized electronic for its consumers. Atos operates under the models Atos and Atos|Syntel. Atos is a SE (Societas Europaea), detailed on the CAC40 Paris inventory index.
The purpose of Atos is to support style the long term of the data house. Its abilities and solutions assist the development of understanding, education and investigate in a multicultural tactic and contribute to the development of scientific and technological excellence. Across the environment, the group allows its consumers and workforce, and users of societies at massive to reside, get the job done and develop sustainably, in a secure and protected data house.
Push contact: Marion Delmas | [email protected] | +33 6 37 sixty three 91 ninety nine